Getting started with email marketing services
Any business that wants an effective way to improve their brand recognition and increase sales must look into email marketing services. These popular websites will help you reach out to potential customers effectively and efficiently.
A review of the top best email marketing services
GetResponse is the popular email marketing service chosen by many people in the market. It leads to ease of use and helps to simplify email marketing for small businesses and beginners.
· Automated email chain management intuitive
· Suitable for online events
· There are many sample forms
· Good customer care
· Good customer service
Limit editing of registration forms
The email list cannot add tags (list base service)
GetResponse has all features, but none of them is the best.
· Email: $ 15 / mo – List size: 1,000
· Pro: $ 49 / mo – List size: 5,000
· Max: $ 165 / mo – List size: 10,000
· Enterprise: $ 1,199 / mo – List size: 100,000+
Moosend is a prominent and widely used email marketing software. You can integrate it with your favorite platforms like Zapier, Magento, etc., so you can easily get new customers through email marketing. Hence, you can also use its API to help you connect to internal services.
· You can use it for free (of course there will be some limitations)
· Easily create and edit templates
· Free customer support via email and live chat
· Users have 100% access to features regardless of account size
· Excellent automation and integration features
· Moosend does not offer Direct Online training
· No mobile – Android Native Integration
· Some reports on the ability to load slow segments and duplicate emails
· $ 10 / month
· Free trial
· Pro Plan: $ 99 / month for 1 user Business Plan: $ 300 / month for 10 users Enterprise Plan: $ 2000 / month for 1000 users
3. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is one of the best email marketing services that has been around for 20 years. This software only offers premium plans, email (basic), and email plus (advanced) with a free 30-day trial.
· 60-day free trial, no banking information required
· Customer service is flexible and easy to contact
· There is a library of knowledge and online courses. If you live in the United States, you can listen to live presentations
· Editing email is easy with drag and drop
· Reduce time and costs, but still increase sales
· Manage email list easily
· Email Plus must be purchased if you want to use most of the automatic features of the service
· Email: $ 20 / mo
· Email Plus: $ 45 / mo
Aweber is one of the oldest email marketing software companies in this field. It serves best for small and medium businesses.
· AWeber has been around for a long time. It was founded in 1998 and is now one of the best autoresponder tools on the market.
· The trial version includes all the functions that you can use in the paid plans.
· AWeber has the most powerful automatic and zoning tools available. You can use these tools to create a highly detailed email thread.
· A large number of other services are also integrated into AWeber, including OptinMonster, Unbounce, Paypal, …
· All supporting materials, including intensive classes and online meetings, are accessible even on the free plan.
· AWeber launches new features regularly, and users, including the free plan users, can use them.
· The trial is only 30 days long. With just this time, it is very difficult for you to start making money from your email list.
· AWeber is definitely not an economical option. It has more features than any other autoresponder and comes with a premium price tag.
· 0 – 500: $ 15 / mo
· 501 – 2500: $ 29 / mo
· 2500+: $ 49 / mo
Pabbly is affordable and offers a lot of useful features that are needed. This software contains more than 500 email templates that allow you to create emails through its drag-and-drop email editor.
· Hosted checkout pages that you can use without any domain name or website
· Excellent customer service
· Good financial management and accounting
· Easy to use and simple interface
· There is a delay in sending emails sometimes
· Lack of API
· There is only one payment gateway is Paypal
· Limited on premium features
· Free – Pabbly discoverable and 3 SMTP connections possible
· Starter: $ 9 / mo
· Rookie: $ 19 / mo
· Pro: $ 29 / mo
· Advance: $ 41 / mo
ConvertKit is proud of being software created by and for creators. This email marketing service provides a simple user interface and has the most important features for email marketing.
· If you are trying to encourage customer participation, then ConvertKit has an effective mechanism for this.
· ConvertKit has a variety of methods for localizing your customers. You can also tag customers.
· Have a landing page builder that helps you create a more prominent and engaging landing page. There are 30 templates for you to choose from for your site.
· Preparing a free account is extremely simple. It only takes a few seconds, and you can get started on building your own landing page right away.
· You will need to send invitations to a few friends if you want to use the free plan features, including the email functionality.
· You cannot use the automatic answering function in the free plan. You will need to upgrade to a paid plan to use this service. However, you can experience this function in the trial version.
· 0 – 1k subscribers: $ 29 / mo
· 1k – 3k subscribers: $ 49 / mo
· 3k – 5k subscribers: $ 79 / mo
SendinBlue is considered the Top cheap email marketing software loved by businesses wishing to send simple Email Marketing. The software is full of basic email functions and allows entering an unlimited number of email addresses.
· You can store as many contacts as you want with just the free plan. You are limited to the number of emails you can send per day.
· Most Sendinblue tools can be used with a free plan that includes automated functions.
· You can get email support with the free plan, so contact them if you have any problems.
· You can use Sendinblue to send both email and SMS.
· The automated marketing tool, the way you create automated email sequences, has an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop interactive interface.
· There are various templates to choose from, or you can add drag and drop elements yourself to create your own template. Also, you can upload an HTML template if you have already created one.
· The email in the free plan package (and the “lite” package) has the name Sendinblue in it, and you cannot delete it.
· The limit of 300 emails a day may seem like a lot for beginners, but it will be gone pretty quickly. Don’t let this perpetual free pack pull your leg back.
· Free – 300 emails / day
· Lite: $ 25 / mo – 40,000 emails / mo
· Essential: $ 39 / mo – 60,000 emails / mo
· Premium: $ 66 / mo – 120,000 emails / mo
· Enterprise: Custom, based on customer’s need
ActiveCampaign is a comprehensive automated marketing tool with advanced features. However, the features are somewhat limited if you use the lite package.
· Great user interface
· Zapier integration
· Automatic email sequence
· Help you segment your customers
· Useful notification functions
· Support service from experts
· Does not allow inserting links
· Some integrations like the Active Campaign’s CRM aren’t the best
· Lite: $ 9 / mo
· Plus: $ 49 / mo
· Professional: $ 129 / mo
· Enterprise: $ 229 / mo
This company is suitable for non-designers, inexperienced advertisers such as Freelancer or Agencies.
· Provides thousands of suggestions to help you create a piece of content or image
· Library with over 100,000 beautiful, impressive and professional templates
· Drag-and-drop graphics editor easy to use
· Post planner tool
· Post ideas are scheduled every day by holidays, hot topics, events, …
· Tool to optimize posting schedule, help you to spread your posts properly on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
· Connect with most popular social networks
· Application for connecting accounts that don’t work well and crashes often
· Limit the number of accounts you can work with
· Starndard: $ 49 / mo
· Professional: $ 99 / mo
It’s also a good choice for businesses to track, format, and set up email.
· Intuitive user interface makes it easy for beginners to write automated emails
· Helping users identify potential customers
· Integration with Sendgrid and Google Mail
· Customer service quickly
· It’s impossible to separate emails based on different categories or variations if you handle hundreds of emails per day
· Monthly: $ 59 / mo
· Annually: $ 48 / mo
This company is best designed for digital entrepreneurs, agencies, bloggers to manage and automate email marketing initiatives and campaigns.
· Provides full functionality at a reasonable price
· Easy to use with many options for integration with CRM and other programs
· Great reporting and graphics tools allow for increased productivity and efficiency
· The automatic interface can be confusing for a beginner
· Completely free for a social one
· Base: £ 7 / mo, no contract
· Pro: £ 26.99 / mo, no contract
· Corporate: £ 270 / mo, contract annually
But first, let us look at what email marketing entails.
Email marketing utilizes emails to promote your business through direct marketing. Through it, you can send personalized or autonomic sales material to promote your business, your products, and your services. Through it, your customers will get to know your brand, your intention, and offers. Through it, you can keep your customers interested and engaged.
Email marketing is not a new strategy. Way back in 1978, Gary Thuerk, a marketing manager who works at Digital Equipment Corporation sent the first commercial email.
In his email addressed to 400 people, he talked about their company’s new product. This simple act generated about $13 million of sales for his company. Not bad. This ushered in a new potential medium for marketing which eventually led to the rise of companies that can offer email marketing as their business output.
For those who are still not convinced, what are the advantages of email marketing?
The first and most obvious advantage is the relationship you are building with your email recipient. This relationship means that they can potentially be a paying and, eventually, a loyal customer. And even if they disregard or delete your email, your business already exists in their mind so they might someday be interested.
Another important advantage is your return on investment. Sending an email is cost-effective as it only requires internet access. Different studies discovered that your investment in email marketing can yield up to 40 times the return of investment. Other studies have even found out that email is three times more effective than social media. Take that, influencers!
Lastly, email marketing can also lead more customers to your online sites. Be it blogs, social media accounts, business websites, your customers will be able to access your business anywhere, any time. In 2019, there’s an estimate of around 3.9 billion emails in the world and this will become 4.5 billion by 2024.
How then can you get started with email marketing?
Begin with your own email list. Now, this is important: Don’t buy email lists. Many companies that ask for emails guarantee secrecy and protection for their patrons so you can’t just get the email lists from your business buddies. Countries also protect this right of customers. So, the selling and buying of email lists are illegal. What is legal is that you can give your customers the option to receive messages from you when they give you their email ads. You can also give them what is called “lead magnets”. Lead magnets are freebies that you give away in exchange for their emails. These can come in the form of discounts, free shipping, pdfs, videos, free trials, or coupons that would entice them to subscribe.
Another important thing to remember is that different countries frame their email regulations differently. If you are conducting business in a particular country, it’s to your advantage to know what you can and cannot do. If you are conducting business in the US, read the CAN-SPAM Act. For dealing with business in the EU, read the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as it can help you in its many EU member countries. It is your responsibility, as a businessman to know which act, law, or regulation applies to you so you don’t get in trouble with the authorities.
Finally, find reliable email marketing services. Building a list and sending your email requires a heck ton amount of time and this is where companies who specialize in email marketing can help you. These companies can automate this process, thereby freeing you up to focus on other duties. There are plenty of email marketing service companies out there that have different offerings so here are just a few to help you get started. These companies provide free email marketing services.
Sendinblue’s headquarters is in France so it’s bound by GDPR (see above). Its free plan offers not only email marketing but SMS marketing as well. Sendinblue stands out because it offers much with its basic free account. You can save an unlimited number of contacts and their details. It has an intuitive drag&drop dashboard that allows you to group your customers and customize and personalize the automated emails. It is also integrated with other sales platforms like Shopify, Intercom, and Salesforce, social media platforms like Facebook, and website builders like WordPress. The only limit to the free service is the limit of 300 emails sent per day.
Mailchimp is one of the first email marketing services company that offered a free plan. Their current free plan offers to send 10,000 emails a month. The free plan also has an upper limit of 2000 email ads. Their landing page uses a drag and drop format with creative templates that you can use. It’s likewise connected with social media like Instagram and Facebook, and sales platforms like Shopify, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. What sets Mailchimp apart is its website engagement feature that allows you to monitor site views to your platform which will give you ideas on how to improve it.
These are just a few websites to get you started but with the benefits of email marketing service companies, you have better and more profitable options in hand.